100g of blueberries
1 whole pumpkin or 1.3kg butternut squash (peeled and deseeded)
2 tbsp of avocado oil
1 can of cooked green lentils
100g of pecans
1 tsp of smoked paprika
½ tsp of cumin
2 tbsp of maple syrup
2 tbsp of olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 200 C.
- Cut the pumpkin up into big chunks. Rub in the avocado oil, cumin, smoked paprika and a pinch of salt and pepper. Roast in the oven for 40 minutes until golden and cooked through.
- While this is cooking place the maple syrup and pecans in a pan, toast the pecans in the maple syrup for 3 minutes stirring well until they are golden then leave to the side to cool.
- Remove the seeds of the pomegranate. Drain the lentils from the can.
- When the pumpkin is cooked through, throw in the blueberries, lentils, a pinch of salt and the olive oil to the roasting tray and stir well. Place the tray back in the oven for 5 minutes to roast a little longer then remove and serve with the pomegranates and pecans sprinkled over the top.