Adding a little honey to the blackberries before cooking gives just enough sweetness which combined with the saltiness of the soy sauce all soak into the softened aubergines for a delicious meal.
- 2 Aubergines, halved lengthways
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 4 tsp miso
For the blackberries:
- 150g blackberries
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp honey
For the Quinoa:
- 200g quinoa
- 400g canned green lentils, drained
- 150g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 spring onion, slived
- 2 tbsp parsley, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 200C/fan oven 180C/gas mark 6. Slash the cut side of the aubergines in a criss cross pattern and sprinkle with salt. Set aside in a colander in the sink for 10 minutes then rinse and pat dry with kitchen paper. Brush with the olive oil and place cut side down in a roasting tin. Cook for 20 minutes or until very soft.
- Mix together the soy sauce and honey and combine with the blackberries. Turn the aubergines cut side up and brush with the miso, then spoon over the blackberry mix and continue roasting for 10 more minutes.
- To prepare the salad; place the quinoa in a pan with a pinch of salt, cover with 3 times the volume of water and boil for 20 minutes, then drain and cool with running cold water. Stir in the remaining ingredients with fresh pepper. Serve the aubergines with the salad alongside and any extra blackberry sauce from the roasting tin.