One of our winning recipes from the ASF Berry Cook Off! Cristian’s tantalising Raspberry & Lemon Pie
- 1 cup of flour
- 1 egg yolk
- 100 grams of unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons of powdered sugar
- 2 jars of condensed milk
- 100g Good nature Raspberries
- 2 egg yolks
- 3/4 cup lemon juice
- Swiss meringue
- Zest of 1 lemon
- In a bowl, combine the flour together with the butter, egg yolk and powdered sugar with your hands, until obtaining a uniform dough, wrap it in plastic wrap and refrigerate for about 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC. With the help of a rolling pin stretch the dough about 5 mm thick, cover the base and the edges of a tart mold, pierce with a fork and refrigerate again for 5 minutes.
- Bake for about 15 minutes or until the dough is lightly golden.
- Remove from oven and set aside.
- In a bowl mix the condensed milk, yolks, lemon juice and lemon zest.
- Place some berries on the pre baked dough and pour the mix over it and bake again for about 20 minutes at 160 ºC.
- Once ready, let it cool.
- Finish the pie by covering it with Swiss meringue and brown it with the help of a blowtorch.