2 large or 3 small very ripe bananas
150g fresh blueberries
200g buckwheat flour
1 tsp cinnamon
4 tbsp coconut oil, melted
2 eggs or 2 flax eggs
4 tbsp honey or maple syrup
2 tbsp almond milk
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
½ tsp baking soda
- Preheat the oven to 180c. Grease a loaf tin with coconut oil.
- In a large bowl, mash the bananas. Whisk in the eggs, milk, vanilla, melted coconut oil and honey.
- In another bowl, mix together the flour, oats, cinnamon, baking soda and baking powder.
- Fold the dry ingredients in to the wet and mix well. Stir through the blueberries.
- Pour into the tin and spread out evenly. Sprinkle the top with oats.
- Bake for 45 minutes. Allow to cool in the tin for 10 minutes before turning out and cooling on a rack.
- Serve a slice warm with a spread of your favourite nut butter!