Packed full of essential vitamins and minerals… This is the perfect winter warmer to start your day.
300ml of almond milk
80g of quinoa
½ tsp of cinnamon
¼ tsp of vanilla extract
2tbsp of honey
2tbsp of natural yogurt or coconut yogurt
1tbsp of goji berries
- Wash the quinoa in a sieve. Place it in a pot with the almond milk, cinnamon and vanilla extract, bring to a boil then let it cook for 15 minutes.
- Zest and juice the lemon.
- While this is cooking place the blackberries, honey, a quarter of the lemon zest and half the juice in a small pot. Bring to the boil then simmer for 10 minutes breaking down the blackberries with the back of the spoon so you form a compote.
- Just before everything is ready julienne or cut your apple into thin slithers.
- Serve with the porridge with a couple tbsp. of compote, apple, yogurt and goji berries.